2010年6月19日 星期六

Women - Charles Bukowski

A young guy - at least 6 feet 6 inch tall - walked up to me. "Look, Chinaski, I don't believe all that shit about you living on skidrow and knowing all the dope dealers, pimps, whores, junkies, horse players, fighters and drunks...."
"it's partly true."
"Bullshit," he said and walked off. A literary critic.
Then this blonde, about 19, with rimless glasses and a smile walked up. The smile never left. "I want to fuck you," she said. "it's your face."
"What about my face?"
"It's magnificent. I want to destroy your face with my cunt."
"It might be the other way around."
"Don't bet on it."
"You're right. Cunts are indestructible."

I took my bottle and went to my bedroom.  I undressed down to my shorts and went to bed.  Nothing was ever in tune.  people just blindly grabbed at whatever there was: communism, health foods, zen, surfing, ballet, hypnotism, group encounters, orgies, biking, herbs, Catholicism, weight-lifting, travel, withdrawal, vegetarianism, India, painting, writing, sculpting, composing, conducting, backpacking, yoga, copulating, gambling, drinking, hanging around, frozen yogurt, Beethoven, Bach, Buddha, Christ, TM, H, carrot juice, suicide, handmade suits, jet travel, New York City, and then it all evaporated and fell apart.  People had to find things to do while waiting to die.  I guess it was nice to have a choice.
I took my choice.  I raised the fifth of vodka and drank it straight.  the russians knew something.

沒有留言: