2023年2月17日 星期五

《BARK》Lorrie Moore

WINGS

Sometimes she hated the dog. His obliviousness to the needs of others, his determined, verbally challenged conversation about his own desires - in a human this would indicate a severe personality disorder.  

“I'm starting to lose confidence in you, Dench." Losing confidence was more violent than losing love. Losing love was a slow dying, but losing confidence was a quick coup, a floor that opened right up and swallowed. 

You could lose someone a little but they would still roam the earth. The end of love was one big zombie movie.

FOES

"I didn't come this far not to sit next to you," he said, and she smiled wanly, squeezing his hand. These kinds of gestures were necessary, since they had not had sex in six months. "I'm sixty and I'm on antidepressants," Bake had said when Suzy had once (why only once?) complained. "I'm lucky my penis hasn't dropped off." 

沒有留言: